Do you have an acute or chronic injury keeping you off the field? Unfortunately, injuries are a natural consequence of training, competing . . . or even just life. When people come to us to accelerate their recovery from injury, we always use Cold Laser Therapy + Cryotherapy.
Cold Laser Therapy: How It Works
The combination is so effective because cryotherapy works at the cardiovascular level (http://championcryotherapy.net/what-is-cryotherapy/), while cold laser therapy works at the cellular level. The cold laser is a safe, non-invasive, drug free accelerator for recovery of injuries with a treatment that is simple in science and application: Light is used to stimulate the cells in your body that repair tissue, reduce inflammation and reduce pain. In biological terms, this photo-therapy (like photosynthesis in plants) reduces oxidative stress which causes cell death, and enables your cells to increase ATP production (which produces cellular energy). When cells can produce ATP, the result is cellular repair and regeneration.
Cold Laser Therapy: Benefits
What does all this mean to you? Here are the resulting benefits of cold laser therapy:
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY ACTION: Laser light reduces swelling, leading to decreased pain, less stiffness, and a faster return to normal joint and muscle function.
- RAPID CELLULAR HEALING: Laser light accelerates cellular reproduction and healing.
- QUICKER WOUND HEALING: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development and accelerates collagen synthesis in damaged tissue.
- REDUCED FIBROUS (SCAR) TISSUE FORMATION: Laser light reduces formation of scar tissue, leading to more complete healing, with less chance of weakness and re-injury later.
- INCREASED VASCULAR ACTIVITY: Laser light increases blood flow to the injured area.
- STIMULATED NERVE FUNCTIONS: Laser light speeds nerve cell processes, which may decrease pain and numbness associated with nerve-related conditions.
Cold laser therapy: Who can benefit
With over 400 randomized clinical trials supporting it's efficacy, Cold Laser Therapy (also Low Level Laser Therapy, LLLT), has been research proven to be safe, painless and effective in treating both acute injuries and chronic pain of various kinds: muscle strains, ligament sprains, back pain, neck pain, arthritis, plantar fasciitis and other musculoskeletal conditions.
Not only are these therapies highly effective, but the beauty is that they are natural therapies that activate your body's recovery systems. The combination of cryotherapy and cold laser therapy has allowed us to cut recovery time in half for many of our customers, so if you want to get back on the field or return to what you love to do, then you should consider this natural, drug-free route to recovery.