Our Sports Chiropractor, Dr. Rachel Benson, specializes in soft-tissue mobilization/activation techniques like Active Release Technique and Graston, which accelerates healing from injury, muscular dysfunction and chronic pain.
benefits OF sports chiropractic
- Relieves Pain: Discovers and resolves pain origins.
- Enhances Performance: Identifies and resolves muscular dysfunctions.
- Accelerates Healing: Breaks up scar tissue.
- Increases Range of Motion and Flexibility
- Maximizes Capacity to Activate Strength, Speed and Power
COLD LASER THERAPY
Laser therapy is used in thousands of clinics, hospitals and elite sports institutions in over 70 nations. With over 40 years and 600 Clinical studies behind it, Cold Laser Therapy (aka: Low Level Laser Therapy, LLLT, & Photobiomodulation), has been research proven to be safe, painless and effective in treating both acute injuries and chronic pain of various kinds: back pain, neck pain, arthritis, plantar fasciitis and other musculoskeletal conditions.
The laser gives us the ability to provide you with an improved level of safe, non-invasive, drug free pain relief and accelerated healing of injuries. The treatment is simple in science and application: Laser and LED beams of light are used to stimulate the cells in the body that repair tissue, reduce inflammation and reduce pain. In biological terms, this photo-therapy (like photosynthesis in plants) reduces oxidative stress which causes cell death, and enables your cells to increase ATP production (cellular energy).
benefits OF cold laser therapy
- Reduces Swelling and Inflammation: Stimulates lymphatic drainage to reduce swelling.
- Accelerates Healing Time: Stimulates the cells around the injury to increase the speed, quality and strength of tissue repair.
- Relieves pain: Inhibits the nerves related to the site of pain.
Read more about Cold Laser Therapy here.
Most injuries occur because of poor neuromuscular control, meaning deficits in strength and coordination. If your muscles are working correctly, they can protect you from injury in most cases. We know that when muscles don't absorb force correctly, that force is transferred to tendons, ligaments, and cartilage--and may cause damage to those tissues. Because muscles are controlled by your nervous system, ultimately those soft tissue injuries are rooted in inappropriate neurological activation patterns. Using our neuromuscular device, we find exactly where these dysfunctional neurological patterns exist and re-program your nervous system. This allows you to improve neuromuscular function and accelerate the body’s natural healing and muscle building, usually cutting recovery time by 40%-50%.
Benefits of NEUROMUSCULAR therapy
INJURY REHAB: Accelerates Injury Rehab and Post-op Recovery
- Identifies and resolves the origin of neuromuscular dysfunction
- Re-programs muscles to move properly, efficiently & with greater endurance
- Increases range of motion and flexibility
MUSCLE BUILDING: Builds Strength, Power and Endurance
- Activates & strengthens muscle fibers to move in their strongest & most efficient manner
- Amplifies your ability to fully activate strength, speed and power gains—and thus enhanced performance.
NORMATEC COMPRESSION MASSAGE
Created by a physician bio-engineer (MD, PhD) to enhance blood flow and speed recovery, NormaTec Pulse Massage Pattern employs compressed air to massage your limbs, mobilize fluid, and speed recovery with a patented NormaTec Pulse Massage Pattern.
Benefits of normatec compression
- Reduces inflammation and decreases water accumulation
- Aids in the removal of toxins like lactic acid
- Improves Circulation/Immediate relief for “heavy legs”
- Prevention/elimination of first-stage varicose
Read more about NormaTec Compression here.
The G2PRO™ helps relieve muscle fatigue, tightness, soreness, knots, spasms, stiffness, as well as symptoms caused by nerve damage, atrophy, arthritis, multiple sclerosis and a range of other ailments.
Benefits of THERAGUN G2PRO VIBRATION
- Increases blood and lymphatic flow
- Breaks up scar tissue
- Reduces lactic acid
- Activates the nervous system and muscles
- Resets the nervous system
Read more about TheraGun G2Pro Vibration here.
HYPERICE VYPER ROLLER THERAPY
Used by many professional teams and elite athletes, The Vyper is a cutting edge recovery device/roller that uses pressure and vibration to accelerate your body's recovery and--ultimately--improve your performance.